Curly Hair Secret Revealed: How maintain Your Wash n Go

So..... I was struggling to find a styling technique that would give me great curl definition and shine with minimal crunchiness. I have tried several techniques, products, and product lines, and I found that most everything worked most of the time. But, I needed something that would work all the time. So after several experiments; I believe that I have developed a technique that works 99% of the time (that's pretty good right). I bet you want to know what it is! Well, its simple but it works.

First, I wash (or co-wash) and deep condition my hair. While still in the shower, I apply a second day serum (Kinky-Curly or Curls both available at Target). I apply the second day serum because it has the perfect consistency. It also coats the hair and gives great curl definition. Then, I dab a little Eco Styler Argan Oil Gel to each section for hold. I spray some Doo Gro Shine Serum on my hair. Next, quickly dip my head under the water stream. Finally, I shake my head all around, letting my curls bounce free. I do it this way because if I've applied too much product (I'm heavy handed) the quick rinse will even it out. Plus, shaking my head rather then manually manipulating my curls creates less frizz, and allows them to fall naturally. Voila! I'm good to go for at least 3-4 days. For maintenance I apply some sort of curl enhancing creme (Taliah Waajid's Curly Curl Cream is great ). I hopes this helps you as much as it has helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment