Ol' Skool Cool!

I remember sitting between my grandmother's legs for my biweekly hot press. I hated it! But, my hair didn't have many complaints. To prepare my  virgin hair she would wash it the night before. Then, she would braid it into four big plats. The day of the press she would find me (hiding under something) and the process began. A can of Royal Crown, a pressing comb, a stove, and a hand towel were her weapons of choice. This was an excruciating process but, my hair hung down my back. Now that I am natural again, I have been thinking about my grandmother's technique. What she did for my hair was simple yet effective (minus the heat). Which brought me to my decision to bring back my grease! Yes..... grease my hair loves it! It's cheap and, there are a lot of good options nowadays. All it takes is a little careful consideration and, your hair may finally be able to maintain that all elusive shine. Shine is something we curly girls covet. What's the worse thing that could happen? If your hair doesn't like this old friend; you can simply wash it out. I can't speak for everyone but, many curly girls are getting Ol' Skool Cool! Will you join us?

This is my grease of choice (for now...lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment