You Missed Your Wash Day.. Now What?

Today I want to talk about something that I recently discovered. You ready? I don't NEED to wash my hair every week in order for it to look fabulous! Neither do you. I must admit, I have ididn'twashmyhairaphobia. This has stressed me out for much of my natural hair journey. Let me explain, I fully believe that a good hair care regimen is essential for maximum growth and overall hair health. However, life has a way of disrupting my routines. Then there are those times when I am just to tired to deal with my hair. Here is a simple little technique I use for such times as these.

You will Need
1. 1 Spray bottle (you could also wet your hair in the shower)
2. Leave in conditioner (I use Cream of Nature yellow bottle)
3. Gel ( I use Eco Styler Olive Oil or Amp Pro Olive Oil)
4 1 Soft bristle hair brush

First, you wet you hair lightly. It's important not to soak it because if you're like me, you're running out the house as soon as you're done. Then, you apply leave in conditioner to your entire head. Try to coat your hair meaning not too much or too little. Next, get a nice amount of gel (about a tbsp) put it in your hands. Rub your hands together. Apply the gel to your head. Depending on the length of your hair, you can simply slick up the sides to make a nice bun. The bun is a great protective style and, it's elegant. Or, if your hair is shorter apply the gel all over for the wash and go look. That's it! You can do this as many times as you need to. As I type this post I am on my 3rd week! (I have a lot going on) Just a little  side note, you might need to play around with your gel/conditioner combination to find the one that doesn't give you a white film or flakes! Oh, use the brush to slick the sides up for the bun or, you can slick down your baby hair.

                                                                    My 3 week bun style!
Ladies don't be shy. What do you think?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment